What is your goal when taking photos?
I want to be able to let the day unfold and capture the emotion of what is happening. I prefer moments that are candid, rather than posed ones. I want you to be able to view your pictures and remember the emotions, the excitement, everything as it really happened. My images will be real, fun, colorful, and timeless.
What is your professional history?
I earned my Bachelor’s Degree at Palm Beach Atlantic University in Journalism. During that time, I worked for the newspaper The Beacon. I spent five years working for the NBC affiliate in West Palm Beach. Soon after, I started a family. I wanted a more flexible schedule and loved the freedom photography offered. I love doing this as my fulltime job now.
Do you offer discs of images?
We provide high-resolution digital files (the digital equivalent of negatives). Our wedding packages include a USB drive in them. Portrait discs (like engagement) can be purchased ala carte. Captured does retain the copyright to the images and the right to use them for promotional purposes. But, you will do have permission to make unlimited prints for personal use.
What is an online gallery?
Your images will be placed online for you and your family and friends to view. It also includes a secure shopping cart – which allows you (and your family and friends) to order prints, discs, etc online with a credit card. This is also how you pick favorite images for your album.
How long will it take to get our images?
It takes about 2-3 weeks to view images from a portrait session. For weddings, a preview will be up here on the blog within 1-2 weeks of the wedding day. The rest of the photos will be available in your online gallery in 6-8 weeks.
What kind of equipment do you use?
Top of the line Canon equipment. I also carry a variety of lenses and plenty of back up equipment.
Do you shoot Color, Black & White or both?
Everything initially is captured in color. However, I may convert some pictures to Black & White during the editing process. Prints can be ordered in color or black and white.
Can I pay by credit card?
Absolutely. We can set you up to pay by card for anything you need.
How far out should we schedule you?
For portrait sessions, I suggest schedule at least 3 months in advance. We do book up pretty quickly. And weddings, try and contact us at least a year before your wedding. We only take a limited amount of weddings each year. Right now, we are booked solid for 2012… and have very limited availability for 2013.
Do you travel?
Yes we travel all over Florida, out of state, and even out of country for weddings. Don’t hesitate to ask! Travel fees apply in state if the wedding is more than 75 miles away. Out of state/country weddings can expect to pay a travel fee, hotel, and flight. We can chat about the specifics for you. Just send us a note!
Do you have a preference on when we take our bride/groom portraits on the wedding day?
Actually, I do. I recommend brides and grooms take their photos BEFORE the wedding. Here are few reasons why I am a big fan of First Looks. I know it breaks tradition… but ultimately it is a lot less stressful for you!
- Something about the bride and groom seeing each other before that puts them at ease. You can talk about your mornings, your night, the plans for the day, how excited you are, etc. It will really help you relax to just be together alone for a little And that’s the best part, you are alone… instead of in front of hundreds of people. You can say things to each other and hug, kiss, break out in dance… whatever you want! Things you wouldn’t be able to if you saw each other for the first time at the altar.
- You remember the moment more. You can say things to each other you won’t forget, because it is a no pressure situation. And you will have fabulous images of it too. It also gives you time to maybe share some private vows or letters with each other. Some couples have even given each other a gift as well!
- We don’t have to play hide and seek before the ceremony. This can get a little stressful (especially if the bride and groom are getting ready at the same location).
- We take all the photographs before the ceremony so the couple, family and guests all get to the reception at the same time… and enjoy their day! And you can actually go to your cocktail hour if you want to.
- We usually have better lighting as far as photos go and way more time to be creative. Things aren’t rushed. And don’t worry, we schedule our couples to be finished with photos and at their ceremony location a good 30-45 minutes before the ceremony starts. So they can relax, freshen up, and guests don’t see them.
This isn’t for every bride, but it might be for you! I would especially consider a first look if you are having a night wedding or a wedding that won’t allow much time for portraits in natural light.
You can talk it over together. Either way, we will help you put together a timeline that works best for you!
What do I need to do if I want to book you?
Contact me for a meeting. Once we chat and get to know each other and talk details about your day, I will send you and your fiance a wedding contract. Read through the fine print and sign. Send it in with 20% deposit of the package you selected and we are booked.
How long do I have to order prints or products?
Brides and Grooms have up to one year to order from the proofing site. All package credits do have to be used in the first 6 months.
How does the album process work?
You have up to six months to create and order your album. You do get to preview your album design and make two rounds of changes to it before a change-fee is assessed. Once you approve the layout, we will help you choose your album cover style, color, imprinting, and other small details. It usually takes about 3-4 weeks to receive your album after final approval.
How many pictures will we get?
The number of photographs taken depends on the amount of details, time, and people at your wedding. Average is around 900 images, but it could be less or more.
Do you have an assistant? Another photographer?
Yes. Shelly (also works full time in the office) will be second shooting and assists with lighting as needed.
Are you insured?
Yes we are. If you need a copy of insurance for your venue, just let us know! We will be happy to take care of that for you.
Do you come to the rehearsal?
Rehearsal dinner coverage is available if you’d like to add it to your package; otherwise we do not attend the rehearsals.
Do we need to feed you at the reception?
It would be really lovely if you did. It doesn’t have to be the same as your sit-down meal (many caterers offer “vendor meals” as an add-on option). We work better with food in our tummies… for sure. Oh.. and we are HUGE fans of wedding cake.
Any other questions? Just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org